Produce professional level dialogue tracks with industry-proven techniques and insights from an Emmy Award winning sound editor. Gain innovative solutions to common dialogue editing challenges such as room tone balancing, noise removal, perspective control, finding and using alternative takes, and even time management and postproduction politics.
In Dialogue Editing for Motion Pictures, Second Edition veteran film sound editor John Purcell arms you with classic as well as cutting-edge practices to effectively edit dialogue for film, TV, and video. This new edition offers:
- A fresh look at production workflows, from celluloid to Digital Cinema, to help you streamline your editing
- Expanded sections on new software tools, workstations, and dialogue mixing, including mixing "in the box"
- Fresh approaches to working with digital video and to moving projects from one workstation to another
- An insider’s analysis of what happens on the set, and how that affects the dialogue editor
- Discussions about the interweaving histories of film sound technology and film storytelling
- Eye-opening tips, tricks, and insights from film professionals around the globe
- A companion website (www.focalpress.com/cw/purcell) with project files and video examples demonstrating editing techniques discussed in the book
Don’t allow your dialogue to become messy, distracting, and uncinematic! Do dialogue right with John Purcell’s all-inclusive guide to this essential yet invisible art.