For NAB Members
Books / DVDs
Animation / Game
Audio / Music
Business / Leadership
Film / Television
Theater and Stage
Books / DVDs
The Pocket Lawyer for Filmmakers A Legal Toolkit for Independent Producers, 2nd Edition
List Price: $34.95
Sale Price: $
NAB Member Discount:
Additional 10% off at Checkout with Member ID
Thomas A. Crowell
Usually Ships in 24 to 48 Hours
Table of Contents
* How can you use a state's film tax credits to fund your film? SEE PAGE 63.
* You have an idea you want to pitch to a production company; how do you safeguard your concept? SEE PAGE 77.
* How can you fund your production with product placement? SEE PAGE 157.
* How do you get a script to popular Hollywood actors and deal with their agents? SEE PAGE 222.
Find quick answers to these and hundreds of other questions in this new edition of The Pocket Lawyer for Filmmakers. This no-nonsense reference provides fast answers in plain English-no law degree required! Arm yourself with the practical advice of author Thomas Crowell, a TV-producer-turned-entertainment-lawyer.
This new edition features:
* New sections on product placement, film tax credits and production incentive financing, Letters of Intent, and DIY distribution (four-walling, YouTube, Download-to-own, Amazon.com, iTunes, and Netflix)
* Updated case law
* Even more charts and graphics to help you find the information you need even more quickly.
This book is the next best thing to having an entertainment attorney on retainer!
Getting Started; Development; Getting the Rights; Financing; Preproduction; PRODUCTION; The Production Office; Legal Issues on the Set; Shooting Permits; Child Actors; Intellectual Property; Shooting Schedules; Location Damage; Personal Injury; Transportation and Accomodations; Overtime and Overages; POSTPRODUCTION; Editing; Music Licensing; Reshoots and Doubling; Looping and ADR; Animation, Titles, and Special Effects; Laboratory Agreements; DISTRIBUTION; Distributors; Chain of Title and Deliverables; Net Profits; Royalties, Accounting, and Audits; Marketing and Promotion; Ancillary Rights; Assignment of Rights; LEGAL TAILOR; Appendix A, Contracts; Appendix B, Intellectual Property Law, Appendix C, Business Entities; Legal Resources; Index
The Radio Station Broadcast, Satellite and Internet, 8th Edition
Managing Electronic Media Making, Marketing, and Moving Digital Content
Raindance Producers' Lab Lo-To-No Budget Filmmaking
Implementing Mobile TV ATSC Mobile DTV, MediaFLO, DVB-H/SH, DMB,WiMAX, 3G Systems, and Rich Media Applications, 2nd Edition
Sale Price: $48.41
Sale Price: $52.66
Sale Price: $33.96
Sale Price: $67.96
Producing Great Sound for Film and Video, 3rd Edition
The Art of Music Publishing An Entrepreneurial Guide to Publishing and Copyright for the Music, Film, and Media Industries
Videojournalism Multimedia Storytelling
Digital Asset Management
Sale Price: $39.91
Sale Price: $29.71
Sale Price: $46.71
Sale Price: $53.51
Share your knowledge of this product.
Be the first to write a review »
Join The NAB Store Newsletter